New Publication Released -Making Illinois Safer: Injury, Violence, and Suicide Prevention Data Book
IDPH recently released Making Illinois Safer: Injury, Violence, and Suicide Prevention Data Book (Data Book).
In the data book, you will find data on the leading causes of injury-related deaths, hospitalizations, and emergency department visits. Data also include the cost of injury and violence, and demographic breakdowns. Lastly, the appendix provides several additional resources, including data sources for this report, supportive publications, and a glossary.
The Data Book will serve as, but not limited to, a:
- Central depository of data sets of injury, violence, and suicide topics which will be accessible to injury, violence, and suicide prevention partners and stakeholders.
- Baseline data set to measure the effectiveness of the strategies and activities to be implemented as outlined in the Making Illinois Safer: A State Strategic Plan to Prevent Injury, Violence, and Suicide.
- Compiled list of injury, violence, and suicide data sources.
- Resource for policy makers who wish to learn about the prevalence of injury, violence, and suicide in Illinois.
- Tool for partners to use to raise awareness about the occurrence of injury, violence, and suicide in Illinois.