Call for Poster Abstracts is Open!
About the Call for Poster Abstracts
Public health professionals and students are invited to submit poster abstracts about research, innovative approaches, and other timely topics, especially those supporting and complimenting the IPHA 77th Annual Conference theme, “Public Health Proud.” Do not miss this annual opportunity to share your work and/or research with your colleagues!
Why Participate in a Poster Presentation?
Participating as a poster presenter provides an opportunity to:
- Network with your peers and advance your professional reputation.
- Promote your project and experience to an engaged audience.
- Contribute to the industry knowledge base.
- Waived registration fee for one poster presenter to attend the full conference.
When Will the Poster Session be Held?
The poster session will be held on Friday, September 7. Poster set up is scheduled for 7:00 – 8:00 am on Friday, September 7. Presenters are expected to be at their poster during the designated times (8:00 – 8:30 am and 9:30 – 10:30 am) to interact with and answer questions from conference attendees. The poster session is intended to be casual and conversational; there will be no formal presentation. At least one presenter is required to be onsite for the entire poster session.
Important Deadlines and Information
- ALL poster presentation abstracts MUST be submitted online at www.ipha.com by Friday June 29, 2018 at 5:00pm!
- Applicants will be notified regarding their acceptance by August 1, 2018.
- Poster presenters are responsible for transporting, hanging, and dismantling their own poster. Posters will not be accepted via mail.
- Presenters are responsible for creating an informational poster no larger than 36” x 48”. Presenters will be sharing space, so adherence to poster dimensions is required.
Potential Poster Topics
- Health Equity and/or Social Determinants of Health
- Communications and Health Advocacy
- Behavioral Health
- Trauma Informed Care and/or Adverse Childhood Experiences
- Innovation in Chronic Disease, HIV/STDs, Emergency Preparedness, Communicable Disease, Criminal Justice, Environmental Health, etc.
- Partnerships and Collaboration
- National/State/Local Priorities
- Research, Assessment, and Quality Improvement
Please submit the following information online at www.ipha.com:
1. Title of Poster
- Be creative (12 word maximum)
2. Brief Narrative Description of Poster Content for Publication Material
- Narrative should be 3-5 sentences
3. List 2-3 Learning Objectives
- What do you want the attendees to learn/understand by reading your poster?
4. List Poster Author(s) and Contact Information
- Name; Degrees/Credentials; Organization/School; Title; Phone; and E-mail Address
5. List Poster Presenter(s) and Contact Information
- Name; Degrees/Credentials; Organization/School; Title; Address; City; State; Zip Code; Phone; and E-mail Address
Contact Jennifer Hopper at the Illinois Public Health Association via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (217) 522-5687.
ALL poster presentation abstracts MUST be submitted online at www.ipha.com
Deadline to submit an abstract is June 29, 2018 at 5:00pm!