The AmeriCorps Program Director shall report directly to the Assistant Director for Communications, Continuing Education and Workforce Development and shall have the following responsibilities and qualifications.
SALARY RANGE: $35,000 - $45,000
- Under direction from the Assistant Director, provide oversight of the Illinois Public Health AmeriCorps Program.
- Perform extensive marketing for host site and AmeriCorps member recruitment activities as needed for each program term.
- Serve as the Association’s liaison to each host site supervisor.
- Plan, organize and implement enrollment, orientation and placement of all AmeriCorps members.
- Provide management of the AmeriCorps members, in coordination with each host site supervisor, including required evaluations.
- Develop, maintain and update all policies, contracts, forms and files related to the Illinois Public Health AmeriCorps Program.
- Observe programmatic compliance of the Illinois Public Health AmeriCorps Program.
- Coordinate and submit all progress reports as required by the state and federal government on the electronic reporting system. Develop written reports as needed.
- Work with the Assistant Director to develop and/or enhance procedures to evaluate program effectiveness and ensure the art program goal and objectives are met.
- Coordinate all required training, team building and career development activities for the AmeriCorps members, as specified by the grant award.
- Coordinate an annual training for new site supervisors.
- Ensure members’ participation in service projects, as specified by the grant award.
- In coordination with the Assistant Director, perform site visits to each host agency, as specified by the grant award.
- Develop written documents and materials to market the Illinois Public Health AmeriCorps Program.
- Attend and participate in all required trainings, workshops, conferences and meeting for the AmeriCorps State Program Directors.
- Travel to and participate in other meetings and conferences as related to the Illinois Public Health AmeriCorps Program and the Illinois Public Health Association.
- Assist with other Association activities and projects as assigned by the Assistant Director within the approved budget and staffing plan.
- Requires a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in community health, human services or related field.
- Requires strong leadership, marketing, organization, writing and communication skills.
- Requires computer skills in all current information management and production software including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Publisher.
- Requires mental and physical health sufficient to meet the demands of the job.
- Requires some day and overnight travel.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.