The IPHA Election Committee is calling on all IPHA members to nominate themselves or other individuals to be considered for Executive Council positions. We are seeking candidates who are (1) active members, in good standing, of IPHA, (2) working to improve public health in Illinois, (3) possess a keen interest and experience in public health, and (4) have enthusiasm, motivations, and dedication to advancing IPHA’s mission.
Available Executive Council Positions:
- Treasurer (3 year term)
- Affiliate Representative to the Governing Council (3 year term)
- Executive Council-at-Large Member (3 year term)
- 2 Election Committee Members (2 year term)
To be eligible for election, a person must be a current member, in good standing, of the Illinois Public Health Association.
- Serve as custodian of all funds of the Association, oversee budgeting and all financial operations of the Association.
- Assure that the Association’s financial statements are audited annually.
- Maintain copies of auditor’s reports of the Association.
- Provide a report on the financial status at the quarterly meetings of the Executive Committee and Council as well as the Annual Meeting.
- Travel to IPHA office to sign Association checks 24 times per calendar year on scheduled pay dates.
Affiliate Representative to the Governing Council:
- Represent the Association on the Governing Council of the American Public Health Association (APHA).
- Provide a report on APHA policy and legislative issues at the Executive Council and Annual Meeting.
- Forward the position of the Executive Council on resolutions and other matters to the APHA’s governing council and vote on issues as directed by the Executive Council.
Executive Council-at-Large Member:
- Participate as a voting member of the Executive Council.
- Attend all meetings of the IPHA Executive Council.
- Perform other duties as established by the Executive Council.
Election Committee Member:
- The Election Committee shall meet as necessary and shall report to the Executive Council, presenting a slate for the officers of the Association and Executive Council at-Large members whose term has expired.
- In selecting candidates for any of the officer positions, Executive Council-at-Large, and for the Nominating Committee, the current Election Committee shall select only members in good standing.
The Executive Committee meets by conference call on a quarterly basis.
The Executive Council meets four to five times annually, with most meetings held at the IPHA office in Springfield, Illinois.
IPHA does not reimburse for travel expenses to attend the Executive Council meetings.
If you, or someone you know, are interested in serving in the coming year, please submit a completed candidate information form, along with a current resume and a headshot photo (to be used on the ballot) to Lanie Kepler (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please note: If you wish to nominate one of your peers, please fill out as much of the candidate form as possible before submitting to Lanie Kepler (email@example.com). The nominee will be contacted for additional information.
Nominations will be accepted until 4:30 PM on March 13, 2020.
Voting will take place in May 2020. Newly elected candidates will take office on July 1, 2020.