Housing is a Human Right
Tuesday, October 14
12:30 – 2 p.m. EDT
This webinar will discuss structural racism in housing.
- Describe the racist structures and policies that established housing inequality.
- Discuss the health impacts of racism in housing on communities of color.
- Highlight pre- and post-COVID legislation related to housing.
- Provide an advocate’s perspective of ways to advance equity through housing at the city and state level.
- Kelly Hilovsky, MPH, Policy Fellow, Bloomberg American Health Initiative & APHA
- Adrianne Todman, CEO, National Association of Housing and Redevelopment Officials
- Kamillah Wood, MD, MPH, FAAP, community pediatrician and former White House Fellow in the Obama administration
- Kim Johnson, MPP, housing policy analyst, National Low Income Housing Coalition
- Amelie G. Ramirez, DrPH, Director, Salud America! and Chair and Professor of Population Health Sciences and Director, Institute for Health Promotion Research, UT Health San Antonio
- Amina Kirk, JD, Senior Legal and Policy Advocate, Detroit People's Platform
The panel discussion will be followed by a Q&A session with the webinar audience.
Closed captioning will be provided.
Webinar participants can earn 1.5 CPH, CME, CNE, or CHES continuing education credits.
The webinar will be recorded and available for on-demand viewing on APHA’s website within a week of the live event.