Illinois Partnership for Safety (IPS) Webinar
Teen Drivers: Why are They at Risk and What Can We Do to Lower Their Risk?
October 28, 2020
- Learn about risks for teen drivers, in addition to shared risk and protective factors.
- Gain an understanding of the current recreational marijuana law and risks to drivers.
- Receive an overview of what parents need to know about the Illinois Graduated Driver’s Law.
- Dale O. Ritzel, Ph.D., FAASE, Professor Emeritus, Public Health, Director Emeritus, Safety Center, School of Human Sciences, Southern Illinois University Carbondale
- Marijuana and Teenage Driving Risks in Illinois - A review of the current recreational law in Illinois is presented. The general risks to drivers with a specific emphasis on teenage drivers (with some focus on brain development) will be highlighted.
- Nancy B. Kyrouac MPH, CPSTI, Director, ThinkFirst Injury Prevention Program, SIU Medicine, Family & Community Medicine
- Illinois Graduated Driver’s License Laws: What Parents Need to know - An overview of a new program for parents on the Graduated Driver’s License Laws for Parents.
- Registration is not required. At the time of the webinar, go to https://illinois.webex.com/meet/IVPP to join the webinar. (A meeting invitation will be sent to IPS members).
- Questions or comments - contact Jennifer Martin, Injury and Violence Prevention Project Manager, Illinois Department of Public Health, Jennifer.L.Martin@illinois.gov or 217-558-4081