APHA 2020 FEATURED SESSIONS
"Creating the Healthiest Nation: Preventing Violence"
APHA Featured Sessions are available for sale, for on-demand viewing through APHA Now. These 14 special sessions cover a wide range of critical public health topics including the Annual Meeting theme and are led by keynote speakers and panels sessions. See the list of sessions below. The Featured Sessions will be available for sale until July 31, 2021.
Purchase access to the APHA Featured Sessions and earn up to 19 Continuing Education credits in each of the following:MCHES®, CHES®, CME, CNE, CPH, OP (ask your licensing/certification board if they accept CME for Non-Physician). Credits can be earned until Aug. 31, 2021
- Opening General Session: Science of Violent Behavior
- The future of global public health response to infectious diseases: Conversations with WHO and GOARN partners on the COVID-19 experience
- Reducing Community Violence: A Public Health Imperative
- The Plague of Firearm Violence in America
- President Session: A Comprehensive Approach to Suicide Prevention
- Monday General Session: Policy-Mediated Violence: A Threat to Health
- Shaping the Narrative: The Media's Influence on the Perception of Violence
- Addressing Relationship Violence
- President-Elect Session: COVID-19: A Case Study in Health Inequities
- COVID-19 As an Amplifier of the Mass Incarceration Public Health Crisis
- Early Childhood Trauma: Interrupting the Cycle of Violence
- Past President's Session: Owning Historical Trauma: A Precursor to Strengthening Public Health
- There's No Place Like Home: The Built Environment and Violence Prevention
- Closing General Session: Moving Away From Hate — A Way Forward
If you don’t need CE credits but want even more educational content, check out APHA 2020 On-Demand. You'll have access to more than 1,000 hours of recorded and captioned scientific sessions and presentations from APHA's Annual Meeting.