To: Local Health Departments, Local EMAs, Hospitals, Clinics, Urgent Care Centers, Labs, Homeless Shelters, Refugee Centers, Corrections, Physicians, Medical Providers, and Public Health Partners
CC: IDPH Director, IDPH Assistant Director, IDPH Chief of Staff, IDPH Deputy Directors, IDPH PIOs, IDPH RHOs, IDPH CD Leads, IDPH OPR Leads, IDPH ERCs, IDPH REMSCs, IDPH Lab Director / Leads, IDPH Long Term Care Leads, IDHS SODC Contacts, IDOC Ops Center, and RHCCs
From: Shelly Reeter, IDPH Tuberculosis Program Manager
TB Infection Control Measures Webinar
8/24/2022 @ 1:00 PM
Welcome to the monthly training series provided by the TB program at IDPH!
After completing this training, participants will be able to do the following:
- Describe the factors that determine the infectiousness of a TB patient.
- Describe the main goals of a TB infection-control program.
- Describe the three levels of control measures that are the basis of an effective infection-control program.
- Describe the purpose and the characteristics of a TB airborne infection isolation room.
- Describe the circumstances when personal respirators should be used.
This training will be recorded and available on the SharePoint site after production is complete. There will be an opportunity to ask questions in the chat box, and a Q&A document will be provided to all registered participants.
LHDs and Local EMAs - Please forward to any agencies who work with homeless and refugee populations in your jurisdictions.
Any questions please contact:
Leigh Anne Ochs RN
Tuberculosis Nurse Consultant
Division of Infectious Disease
Illinois Department of Public Health
525 West Jefferson, 1st floor, Springfield, IL 62761
Direct (217) 524-2037 | Cell (217) 670-4385 | Fax (217) 524-4515