Dear IPHA Member,
As early as Monday, the U.S. Senate may consider legislation that would repeal the Affordable Care Act. Your senators need to hear from you that repealing this historic public health law is not acceptable.
Call your senators and urge them to vote “no.” Dial the Capitol switchboard at 202-224-3121. Introduce yourself as a constituent and public health professional, and use these talking points:
- I urge Sen. XX to oppose the Senate health care bill that would:
- result in millions of Americans losing their health insurance coverage;
- eliminate critical public health funding by repealing the Prevention and Public Health Fund; and
- devastate the Medicaid program.
- Overall, the bill is a threat to the health of America.
- Instead, I expect my senator to work in a bipartisan manner to build upon the ACA to make it stronger.
It may take a few tries to get through when dialing your senators’ offices. Meanwhile, you can also send an email to your senators using APHA’s action alert. And forward this message to your friends, family and colleagues encouraging them to join us in this effort!
APHA Government Relations Director