American Academy of Pediatrics
Would you like to work at one of the nation’s most respected, mission-driven organizations? If so, the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) is seeking a Infection Prevention & Control Program Specialist to provide administrative and project coordination support for the (AAP) National Pediatric Infection Prevention & Control (IPC) Training Center initiatives, including managing budgets; developing and reviewing content and resources; and organizing ad placement and promotion of IPC specific initiatives in digital communications. This individual will also support the development of IPC educational programs and serve as a team specialist for web and collaboration sites and virtual meetings and trainings.
Hours: 8:00am – 4:30pm, with a 1-hour lunch. 37.5 hour work week.
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration, communications, public health, or related field required, or an equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience.
• At least two years’ related project coordination and/or administrative experience required, including creating and maintaining tracking systems, managing project components, budget monitoring and expense processing, updating/managing website content, and drafting correspondence. Experience with federal grants, working with public health issues, and developing and implementing communication/marketing materials preferred.
• Excellent organizational, time management, verbal/written communication, interpersonal, diplomacy, and critical thinking skills required.
• Must take initiative, pay close attention to detail, be able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously, work both independently and as part of a team, collaborate effectively with various internal and external constituents, and promote and maintain a positive and cooperative team-oriented work environment with a commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion.
• Some overtime, evening/weekend work, and travel required.
Some tasks include:
• Coordinate budget development, expense monitoring, variance reporting, and forecasting for assigned budgets. Develop and maintain internal budget monitoring systems to ensure consistency, and train staff on implementation of these systems. Monitor and distribute monthly budget sheets. Assist staff in monitoring operational and grant budgets.
• Provide technical assistance to all areas within the Training Center on budget management and operations. Train staff on budget development and management, digital communication, and conducting on-site virtual education meetings and trainings.
• Complete and coordinate grant applications, contracts, and consulting agreements for team projects and initiatives including development of outgoing contracts for project subcontractors, consultants, and grantees, as appropriate. Create and maintain a system to track deadlines and deliverables for all awards.
• Manage assigned websites, including design and content updates, in collaboration with related managers and IT staff. Develop and maintain collaboration sites.
• Serve as team lead on virtual meetings and webinars, providing technical assistance and training to team members on use of conferencing software, and assist with meeting set up and facilitation.
Why work for the AAP?
• Flexible hours and a focus on work/life balance.
• State-of-the-art building equipped with standing desks, treadmill desks, cycle desks, on-site fitness center, and on-site exercise classes.
• An on-site cafeteria with food costs that are subsidized by AAP.
• Strong focus on mental health and wellness.
• Tuition reimbursement.
• Competitive PTO and sick leave.
• Annual year-end company-wide week off the last week of December.
• Excellent parental benefits, including adoption assistance.
• A full list of benefits can be found here (https://downloads.aap.org/DOHRAS/BenefitsAtAAP.pdf).
Hybrid work environment of 40% of work time in the office per month.
All AAP employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Requests for a medical or religious accommodation in regard to this vaccination can be submitted for consideration upon an offer of employment.
To learn more about the organization, see a full job description, and/or apply for the position, please visit https://www.aap.org/employment.
The AAP offers an excellent work environment, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package. As a reaffirmation to our employee-focused culture, since 2005 the AAP has been named one of the 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work for in the Chicagoland area. Additionally, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, and Veterans that values the strength diversity brings to our workplace.
Reasonable Accommodation: Individuals with a disability in need of a reasonable accommodation regarding the job application process may call 630-626-6297. Please note, only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.