REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED
Registration Fee: $10 (payment must be made online at the time of registration). Registration is limited to the first 300 paid registrants.
Time: 9:00am - 11:00am
Format: You will receive a link to the Zoom webinar and instructions a few days prior to the event, if your registration fee has been paid. The email will come from email@example.com so please be sure to add this email address to your safe/white list or check your Junk/Spam folder if you cannot find the email.
Presenters: David Clough, MPA, Public Health Analyst
Overview: This presentation focuses on how toxic stress affects neurological development as well as the findings of the Adverse Childhood Experiences study. The role of resilience and community capacity to counteract the negative effects of Adverse Childhood Experiences will be explored.
- Review the effects of stress and its effects on the body, especially the brain
- Identify how exposure to toxic stress impacts neurodevelopment and health behaviors and outcomes
- Discuss the origins and objectives of the Adverse Childhood Experience Study
- Identify the relationship found between a history of ACEs and later health behaviors and outcomes
- Discuss how resilience can be encouraged and promoted in individuals and communities to prevent ACEs and trauma
Continuing Education Credits:
2.0 CEU’s are available for LCSW, LCPC, LSW, LPC and QIDP.
All other professionals are encouraged to check with their respective licensing boards for questions about whether this workshop meets criteria for continuing education credits.
Following the event, attendees will receive an email with a link to the online evaluation to complete. Once the evaluation response window closes, CEU certificates will be emailed. This process takes approximately 14 days following the event.
This training is provided by the Community Mental Health Board of Oak Park Township and Riveredge Hospital.
Cancellation/Refund Policy: The registration fee is non-refundable.