03/24/20158:00 AM - CST
03/25/20155:00 PM - CST
@ Hilton Lisle/Naperville
Lisle, IL 60532
Click Here to view conference plenary sessions.
Conference Purpose: The purpose of this conference is to educate and build partnerships among health professionals and community stakeholders that remove barriers, strengthen communities, promote diversity and eliminate health disparities. This year’s conference priorities are to:
- Highlight successful programs that are evidence-based, and culturally and linguistically appropriate for all Illinoisans.
- Foster alliance with traditional and non-traditional partners to improve the health and well-being of Illinois’ racial and ethnic minority populations
- Promote policies and programs that incorporate health equity and address social determinants of health.
Who Should Attend: The content of this multidisciplinary conference is designed for those individuals who strive to meet the health and safety demands of minority populations in Illinois. The workshops are designed to be especially relevant to those in the following fields: federal, state and local public health professionals, affiliated health professional associations, health educators, minority health advocates, and community leaders.
- Healthcare Delivery Models for Underserved Populations – This track will focus on design and/or implementation of unique healthcare delivery models that aid in the prevention of diseases and the promotion of better health outcomes for communities of color.
- Innovative Approaches to Community Health Education & Outreach in Diverse Communities This track will focus on community and faith-based organizations, and their innovative approaches to providing culturally specific health education and outreach opportunities to families and individuals within their communities.
- Cultural Competency Care –This track will focus on evidence-based practices that demonstrate the relevance of cultural competence in clinical settings.
- The Affordable Care Act – Best Practices and Lessons Learned From Implementation to Delivery – This track will focus on what health care providers have learned and are still learning as they continue to receive and provide training, and enroll and engage stakeholders in the process.
- Digital Health – This track will focus on ways to address health disparities and improve health care outcomes for communities of color through the use of technology.
Conference Hotel: The award-winning Hilton Lisle/Naperville hotel is centrally located in the suburb of Lisle, our hotel is near Naperville, IL, adjacent to the I-88 corporate corridor. Only a 30-minute drive from Chicago O'Hare International Airport and 27 miles from downtown Chicago, the Hilton Lisle/Naperville offers over 300 spacious rooms and suites.