2015 Illinois Overall Rank: 28
(In 2014, Illinois ranked 30.)
- Low rate of drug deaths
- High immunization among adolescent females for HPV
- Ready availability of primary care physicians
- High prevalence of excessive drinking
- High levels of air pollution
- High rate of preventable hospitalizations
- In the past year, HPV immunization among females aged 13 to 17 years increased 41% from 33.8% to 47.7%.
- In the past 2 years, children in poverty increased 11% from 18.5% to 20.5% of children.
- In the past 10 years, premature death decreased 13% from 7,573 to 6,555 years lost per 100,000 population.
- In the past 10 years, violent crime decreased 30% from 543 to 380 offenses per 100,000 population.
- Since 1990, infant mortality decreased 48% from 11.9 to 6.2 deaths per 1,000 live births.
To see how all states rank this year and to view the full report, visit www.americashealthrankings.org.