March 27, 2018
8:30am – 1:30pm
Glen Ellyn, IL
Member Rate - $100
Non-Member Rate - $150
Draft Agenda – subject to change
8:00 am Registration
8:30 am Welcoming Remarks
- Megan Woltman, Incoming Chairwoman of the Board Illinois Chamber of Commerce, Advocate Hospital
- Candace Gerritsen, COO Illinois Chamber of Commerce
8:45 am Featured Speaker
- Amy J. Keely, MBA, M.Ed, PhD Cohort
Lessons Learned from My Mom: The First Female Engineer at General Motors
There are many things Amy learned from her mother, but cooking, baking and knitting were not among them. Her mother was a pioneer in a male-dominated industry, resulting in a tumultuous relationship. This lecture shares what Amy has learned from her mother that has aided her in business and in her educational endeavors.
9:15 am Special Video Message from Representative Cheri Bustos
9:20 am Featured Speaker
- Mary Ann Ahern, Political Reporter, NBC Universal
- Todd Maisch, President and CEO, Illinois Chamber of Commerce (Moderator)
Women make up one-third of the journalism workforce and like many industries, contribute invaluably to reporting the news, keeping the public informed of the day’s activities and facts, and being storytellers. As more and more women prominently share their voices onscreen and in-print, this shift still comes with its challenges.
9:50 am Networking Break – Visit Exhibitors
10:15 am Navigating a Non-Traditional Field and Emerging as Leaders
- Beverly Alfon (Moderator) – SmithAmundsen LLC
- Engineering – Nicole Wolter, HM Manufacturing
- Energy - Trina Salvisburg, Region Engineer, Enbridge Energy
- Finance – To be determined
Fields like science, finance, sports, and technology offer lucrative and fulfilling careers and are attractive for any professional. They have been, however, traditionally male-dominated fields which can present unique challenges for women. In this discussion, we will hear from women who have succeeded in these fields, explore barriers women commonly face, and the trials at work and with career advancement.
11:00 am Leadership and Communications Panel
- Nicki Anderson, President and CEO of Naperville Area Chamber of Commerce (Moderator)
- Panelist: Christine Corelli, Motivational Speaker and Author
- Panelist: BG (Ret.) Alicia Tate-Nadeau, Executive Director, City of Chicago Office of Emergency Management & Communications
- Panelist: Neli Rowland, President/Co-Founder A Safe Haven Foundation
Women can thrive as leaders in their professional role no matter what level. This panel will explore how utilizing communication skills and confidence can convey power and authority.
11:45 am Keynote Speaker
- Janice Christiansen, President and CEO, J.C. Schultz Enterprises Inc./The FlagSource
Janice Christiansen never wanted to be known as a woman in manufacturing; she wants to be known as a manufacturer. She will talk about her career path, the challenges she has faced and overcome, and her successes as the only woman president of a full line flag and banner manufacturing company in the USA.
12:15 pm Closing – prize drawings – adjourn to Chocolate social
12:30pm Networking and Chocolate Sampling
Visit exhibitors, talk with other like-minded women and enjoy samples from chocolate manufacturers around the Chicago area.
1:30 pm Adjourn
To register or for more information contact Pam Holleman at 855-239-6150 or email@example.com